27 August 2008

Apple Nut Muffins

I love baking so the first thing I decided to try out using the apples I picked was a simple muffin recipe. I'm quite happy with this recipe as the muffins are nice and moist and not too sweet. I only used a few apples to make them though which means I have plenty more to play around with and try out more recipes with.

Apple Nut Muffins

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 cup of brown sugar
2/3 cup corn oil
1/3 cup rice milk
1/2 cup peeled & chopped apples
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans

Optional: Soak the sultana's overnight in a freshly brewed cup of tea. I do this because it makes the sultanas softer and more juicer and it gives the cake a bit of a tea flavor to which is perfect for afternoon tea.

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees


2. Mix the flour, sugar, walnuts, pecans, apples and sultanas (if you've soaked them overnight be sure to drain them first before adding them to the mixture) together in a bowl.

3. Mix the oil, milk and egg together then add it to the dry mixture until completely mixed together.

4. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases in and place in the oven to cook for 15- 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from tray when cooked and allow to cool before serving.

Makes roughly 15 muffins

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment