12 January 2012

Beauty Blitz: 5 January Faves

by Dai.an
My "Beauty Ban" has now ended and during that time I discovered a few products that I really liked and will be adding to my re-purchase list. I will definitely be putting more consideration into the products I use, not be so wasteful and put a lot more thought into the brands I want to invest in and make sure they are morally sound before I make a purchase. Here are just five of the products I've been going crazy over lately and be sure to give me your recommendations for products you've been loving to.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm
I had almost forgotten how much I love Burt's Bees lip balms until I found this at the bottom of  my make-up box and started using it again. My lips always seem to be dry and most lip balms and lipsticks seem to just dry them out even more but this is one of the few that actually keeps them hydrated.


Inecto Pure Coconut Hair Serum
I'm not quite sure where this came from or how long I've had it but it certainly is ones of those hidden gems, it just smells oh so good and it leaves your hair really silky and smooth without making it greasy. I use a tiny bit of this on the ends of my hair everyday and after I've just blow dried or straightened it and my hair definitely looks my healthy and less fried than it used to be.


Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
I've tried out a few different cleansers and this one is by far my favourite, it goes on to the skin so smooth and easily and does an awesome job at removing your makeup, it even managed to get rid of my thick waterproof mascara which it deserves extra bonus points for. Admittedly it is kinda pricey for the amount you get but I think it's worth it and once my current cleanser is all used up I will definitely be purchasing it.

Illamasqua Satin Primer
Illamasqua is quickly becoming one of my favourite make-up brands, I finally visited one of their stores last month and was treated to a mini makeover and this was one of the products I ended up buying. I love, LOVE this primer it gives my skin such a fresh dewy look and unlike some of the other primers I've used doesn't dry out my skin or cause breakouts. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to use some of the other things I've bought but if they're anything like this I'm sure to love them to!

Jelly Belly Toasted Marshmallow Candle
This might not count as a "beauty" product but I think it definitely deserves a mention in my January faves. It had been a while since I treated myself to a scented candle but one sniff of this and I was sold! It smells so sweet, toasty and delicious and it's not so overpowering that it gives you a headache, in fact I find the smell really relaxing and have been lighting it for a couple of hours before bed to chill me out and help me sleep. Jelly Belly also have other sweetie candles available so I may just have to try another out next time!

Love & Glitter
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment