12 November 2014

The London Tourist

London

London is not somewhere I visit too often so when I was there for London Film & Comic Con I decided it was finally time I do the tourist thing and visit some of the most popular sights down there. When you live in a country you never really think to go visit all the "tourist places", in fact the same is true for me when I go back to Thailand as I still haven't seen the Temple of Dawn or the Grand Palace which are possibly the most famous sights in Bangkok.

London
London
London

Back to London, I spent my morning visiting The National Gallery to see Van Gogh's infamous Sunflowers then it was out to Trafalgar Square to climb some bronze lions. I'll admit there was a slight fail in my plans as it was harder than I thought to climb up there, but I did get up there albeit not very elegantly, also as it was so sunny that day the lions were way too hot to touch let alone climb on!

London 
London 
London

As the horse guards are just down the street from Trafalgar Square I thought I'd go get another touristy snap with a guard, apparently when my mum first visited London and got a snap here one of the horses tried to bite her, luckily they weren't too bothered my my presence and I came out with all my fingers in tact.

London
London 
London

Big Ben was just down the road so of course I couldn't miss out on another photo opportunity and also a bit of tourist shopping as I couldn't resist the kitsch allure of a Big Ben Pen. Then as all the walking and photo taking was making me hungry we went up to Convent Garden and devoured some burgers from Shake Shack, all in all a great day out in London although next time I think I need to take a trip to Buckingham Palace!

Do you have any local "tourist attractions" you've never visited? Let me know in the comments
Burgers & Big Red Buses
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment