05 August 2015

#LFCC: The Game of Thrones Edition


London Comic Con is always full of some great Game of Thrones guests, last year I met some awesome people and this year I met even more awesome people, in all honestly I haven't met a single person from Game of Thrones I haven't liked they've all been so friendly and so much fun to talk to, I always try to sneakily get some info on the next season from them but they're good at keeping quiet although someone who shall remain nameless accidentally mentioned Kit Harrington being in the Belfast area so do with that information what you will...

Keisha Castle-Hughes (Obara Sand)

Alexander Siddig (Doran Martell)

Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand)

Dorne is a new addition to the show so we got a couple Sand Snakes, Nymeria (Jessica Henwick) and Obara (Keisha Castle-Hughes) and a last minute addition of Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig) to the show who was such a nice guy and very excited about what's to come as am I because we're way beyond the books now and none of us has any idea what's going to happen next.

Iain Glen et Moi

Sunday I dressed up as Daenerys (again!) because Iain Glen was going to be there and I thought I could get a cool photo with him and as I stepped up to the photoshoot he gave me a smile and an approving nod haha! Then I rushed off for a photoshoot with one of my favourite ladies ever Rose Leslie who I did meet very briefly at SDCC but never really got the chance to speak to. On my turn in the photoshoot she said how amazing I looked and how pretty my dress was, to which I replied how gorgeous she was and the result was this awesome photo of us, which is quite possibly my favourite Game of Thrones photo ever!

Rose Leslie & Moi

After meeting Rose in the photoshoot I then made my way upstairs to the Game of Thrones signings and get a few more signatures for my map of Westeros and of course I had to get myself an Ygritte Funko (even though I'm cutting down on my collection) because she's awesome and I love the little bow and arrow they gave her.

Ygritte Funko & Will Simpson Print

Will Simpson the Game of Thrones storyboard artist was also there so I got myself another beautiful print from him, he also remembered us from Belfast Comic Con and I asked him about Bangkok as I noticed him on the guest list for the last comic con they had there and he told us some amazing stories, I'm so happy Bangkok has a con now hopefully I'll be there to check it out next year.

Game of Thrones Talk LFCC

Game of Thrones Talk LFCC

Game of Thrones Talk LFCC

Last stop on my Game of Thrones Comic Con experience was the talk which was attended by Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Keisha Castle-Hughes (Obara Sand) and Carice Van Houten (Melisandre) who unfortunately had to cancel the next day when I had my photoshoots because she was ill so I hope she felt better afterwards as it was kinda hellish and hot that day in the con. The cast was due to start filming on the Monday after the con and of course no matter how hard we tried we got nothing from them about what was to come apart from one word from the script "Game" haha thanks Pod! Daniel Portman is a funny guy and it definitely fuelled my want for an Adventures of Brienne and Pod spin-off. They're such a great cast and I'm so excited to see what's coming next season because for the 1st time ever we're totally clueless about what the heck is coming, it's kinda scary times but one thing is for sure is that these guys will totally do an excellent job of bringing these stories to life.

What are your hopes for the next season of Game of Thrones?
Love & Dragons
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment