06 October 2015

Inside the Memory Palace of Hannibal Lecter (Capella Palatina)

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

Believe it or not I had already planned out our vacation to Palermo before Season 3 of Hannibal had aired so when I saw the Cappella Palatina featured so heavily throughout the season as the "Memory Palace" of Dr. Lecter I put this at the the top of my list of the places I just had to visit, it would seem that eventually all of my holidays take on some element of my nerdiness...

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

There are so many beautiful churches throughout Palermo but the Cappella Palatina although one of the smallest was my favourite (and not just for Fannibal related reasons) the richness of the colours was amazing and the amount of details in the mosaics astounding, I had never seen anything like this in a church before and I was in awe.

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

Palermo is such a chilled out place I honestly felt I could have chilled out here and on the balconies all day. I really enjoyed working out where parts of Hannibal were filmed and it totally makes sense that such a visually rich show would feature such a visually stunning place, I even found myself dreaming about it the night after my visit.

Cappella Palatina (Palermo, Sicily)

What is the most beautiful place you've ever visited?
Love & Roses
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment