11 December 2016

5 Live Action Anime Movies That Are Worth Watching

How Many Animes Do You Know ?

Live action anime has a pretty bad rep. and I will admit I've probably seen more I've disliked than liked but there are some really good ones out there to so don't rule the genre out completely just yet. A lot of anime seems to be getting made into live action movies lately and even Hollywood has started to join the trend with the soon to be released Ghost in the Shell movie so I though I would share a few that I've recently watched and enjoyed.

If you're not familiar with this popular anime and manga it's a really funny and cute one to check out. The story follows Takeo, an awkward ogreish looking guy, who has no luck with the ladies as they all fall for his stereotypical gorgeous and charming best friend Suna until he rescues a cute girl called Rinko and they begin to fall for each other. What really makes this movie as enjoyable as the anime is the casting of Takeo the lovable big guy, he not only looks the part the acts the part as if he's just stepped out of the manga, I found myself laughing out loud many times while watching this and the movie stayed very true to its roots so if you're a fan of the original I totally recommend it!

You might recognise this one as I recommended the anime series in a previous post so be sure to check that one out if you haven't already. Just incase you haven't heard of  Erased (Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi) I won't go into the story-line too much as the mystery is a big part of the plot and although I already knew what was coming when watching the movie it still kept me captivated and really hit me in the feels, the children, especially Hinazuki, really did an awesome job and I found myself feeling more for these characters in the movie than I did in the anime. The movie holds up to the anime pretty well and the acting is great although the ending does seem a bit rushed but it's still definitely worth checking out.

This is a typical shoujo romance story and I have to admit I didn't really like the anime but I gave the movie a go mostly because Kento Yamazaki was in it and even if it was awful staring at his pretty face for a couple of hours would be worth it haha! But I actually enjoyed the movie a lot more than the anime and found the characters much less annoying as the overall vibe of the movie was more realistic with less cringe worthy humour, the complete opposite to My Love Story!! The story and a few of the side characters were changed but it didn't bother me too much if at all. Sidenote: I also got a bit nostalgic watching this movie seeing them walking down the same streets I had walked when I was in Japan, it makes me want to go back there so much!

This anime was one of the first I watched after my "break" and it totally got me back into the game as sci-fi horror was always one of my fave anime genres and I love an anime that makes me question the world around me. I had heard quite a few negative things about the movie so my expectations were low but it was actually a really good movie. I loved how much effort was put into the CGI and special effects because they looked amazing, Parasyte is an anime that is hard to imagine in real life but they did such a good job of making it look and feel realistic and although there is quite a bit of violence and gore it wasn't presented in an overly indulgent way or played for shock value as you find with most other movies of this genre.

I think most people are familiar with the Ace Attorney Nintendo games and this movie pretty much follows the plot of the first game. This movie is over two hours long and it took me a few watches to get into at first and the fact that the cast look so ridiculous in those wigs was kinda jarring but once I did actually get into the movie I really did enjoy it and even though I've played the game several times and knew what the outcome would be I still felt those moments of tension and really enjoyed seeing the conclusion of the case. The movie is very loyal to the game in that it's almost an exact copy even down to the way it looks and I'm not just talking costumes and ridiculous wigs even the courtroom has an element of the game in it with its high-tech screens and confetti. I was actually surprised I enjoyed it as much I did but I'd totes be up for another movie if they decided to make one. Oh and one final fun fact about this movie is that Takashi Miike directed this.... yeah... that kinda surprised me to considering the type of films he's most known for...

What is the best, worst or weirdest live action anime you've ever seen?
Love & Okonomiyaki
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment